Links to Sites Related to Engineering Acoustics
|Please Note: The links below are provided as a service to the acoustics community. The presence of a link does not constitute agreement of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA) with the information contained therein, nor the endorsement by the ASA of the organization responsible for the presence of the link on the Internet.|
The acoustics.org web site maintains a large list of acoustics-related links . In addition, the main ASA site maintains a link pageto sites of acoustics-related sites. The list below is narrower in scope and more targeted to areas of interest to people in Engineering Acoustics. However, please be aware that there is a large amount of overlap and synergy between Engineering Acoustics and areas such as Architectural Acoustics, Physical Acoustics, Noise, Structural Acosutics, etc.
The Audio Engineering Society maintains a list of links to sites dealing with consumer and professional audio equipment and related topics.
- Aalborg University Department of Acoustics
- Brigham Young University Acoustics Group
- Georgia Institute of Technology Acoustics and Dynamics Research
- The Pennsylvania State University
- Technical University of Denmark Department of Acoustic Technology
- University of Adelaide Active Noise Control Group
- University of Mississippi National Center for Physical Acoustics
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Washington Applied Physics Laboratory
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute Vibration and Acoustics Laboratories
Commercial Sources of Calibrated Acoustic Sensors, Sources and Measurement Instrumentation
One aspect of Engineering Acoustics is the design and manufacture of measurement devices and systems. Many other activities involve the use of these devices.
- ACO Pacific Inc. – Supplier of measurement microphones and mic systems, calibrators, sound intensity probes, acoustical/emi probes and noise generators.
- Audio Precision – Developer and manufacturer of audio test instruments.
- Brüel & Kjaer – Supplier of a wide product line including transducers, sound level meters, analyzers, systems, services and customized products.
- G.R.A.S. Sound and Vibration – Measurement microphones, calibrators, etc.
- Larson Davis – Supplier of measurement microphones, sound level meters, analyzers, and environmental noise monitoring systems.
- Norsonic – Supplier of measurement microphones, calibrators, sound level meters, analyzers, and environmental noise monitoring systems.
- Wilcoxon Research, Inc. – Supplier of accelerometers and other vibration measurement instrumentation.
Commercial Sources of Microphones and/or Loudspeakers
- AKG Microphones, headphones, in-ear monitors.
- Audio Technica Microphones, headserts, mxers.
- Behringer Professional audio equipment.
- EV Electro-Voice Microphones, loudspeaker systems, amplifiers.
- Neumann Professional Microphones.
- RØDE Microphones
- Shure Incorporated Microphones, personal monitors, mixers.
Sonar Transducers and Systems
- Harris Acoustic Products – Submarine sonar transducers, and underwater acoustic communication systems.
- International Transducer Corporation (ITC) – Acoustic transducers for military and commercial sonar.
- Klein Associates, Inc. – Developer of side scan sonar systems for commercial and military applications.
- Lowrance Electronics Supplier of fish-finding and navigational sonar for the recreational boating.
- Massa Products Corporation – Design and manufacture of electroacoustic products for military underwater sonar systems.
- Materials Systems Inc. (MSI) – Design and manufacture of transducers and transducer materials for underwater sonar applications.
- Techsonic Industries, Inc. – Maker of the Humminbird sonar for recreational boating.
ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA
The premier international scientific society in acoustics, dedicated to increasing and diffusing the knowledge of acoustics and it’s practical applications.